Monday, February 7, 2011

M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies


I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Kaitlin in the Kitchen. I printed it on January 8th and have been dying to make them. My son had a couple friends over last night to watch the Super Bowl, so I decided it was a great time to make them.

I must say this is one of my all time favorite cookies! They cook to a thin cookie loaded with chocolate. The kids had the first batch almost eaten before the 2nd batch was done cooking! Today, I gave another of my son's friends two and he took two more to go! I love recipes that are simple and wonderful!

M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick butter, slightly melted
1 egg, room temperature, slightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup plain M&M's

Directions:

Cream together butter, egg, and vanilla until just combined. In a large bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients. Dump all of your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's.

With a cookie scoop, take a scoop of dough (I just scooped some with my hand) then press it out into your hands and hand roll the dough into a ball. Repeat process and bake cookies in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start to turn golden brown. Do not overcook.

2 comments:

kelly said...

I know my kids would love them

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

I love a good cookie recipe! Esp. one with M & M's in them. Those would be great for V-day ;)