Thursday, April 2, 2009

Double Meat Pizzas


I actually made these a couple weeks ago. The recipe is from Pillsbury Hot-from-the-Oven Meals book (who knows which year). I've made it before and Jimmy and I loved it. I did change the recipe some. I used hot Jimmy Dean sausage instead of the ground beef. I omitted the oregano. We usually add black olives, too.

Ingredients:

1 (12 oz) can Pillsbury Hungry Jack Golden Layers Refrigerated Flaky biscuits
1 1/4 cups (10 oz) pizza sauce
1/4 to 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 (3 1/2 oz) pkg sliced pepperoni
1/2 lb ground beef, cooked, drained
4 oz (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese (I use more)
2 T grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lighly grease cookie sheets. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press or roll each to 5 inch circle, forming 1/4 inch rim around outside edge.

2. Spread 2 T pizza sauce just to rim of each biscuit; sprinkle with oregano. Top with pepperoni, beef and cheeses.

3. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

Yield: 10 mini pizzas



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This a must try for me. It looks divine!