Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TWD: Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes

This weeks recipe was chosen by Clara of I Heart Food 4 Thought. It was easy to follow. I can't wait to sink my teeth into them! I let them bake a little less than what the recipe called for since others were complaining about the dryness. I added a buttercream filling to the middle of mine which was suggested by Tami's Kitchen Table Talk. I even iced a couple with the buttercream.

I honestly haven't tried them yet. I started them last night, but was running a low grade fever so put the cupcakes away to frost today. I made the icing today while making dinner (meatloaf, yum) and then had to rush my son to Boy Scouts. I will try tonight!

10/29/08 - 9:20 a.m.: I had put these in Tupperware in the fridge last night. After scouts, Jimmy and I tried them. They were delicious!



Buttercream Icing:

1 stick of butter, softened
1 T vanilla
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/8 cup whipping cream

Whip butter until fluffy. Mix in vanilla. Alternate mixing in powdered sugar and whipping cream until the icing is fluffy and smooth - this could take several minutes. Use an icing bag top pipe icing into cupcakes.




5 comments:

CB said...

Oh poor thing. Get well soon. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Engineer Baker said...

Get well soon! Hopefully these cupcakes will help :)

Bungalow Barbara said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Your cupcakes look delicous.

Danielle said...

Good idea putting the buttercream in as a filling. I may try that and give these cupcakes another chance!

Beth said...

I hope you're feeling better! I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com