Monday, October 13, 2008

Quick Cheese Biscuits


I got this recipe from the Great American Home Baking cards in the mail. I made them to have with the Jerk Pork my boyfriend is making. I was a little skeptical at first since they seemed runny. But they taste delicious. Quite simple. Mine only made 7 biscuits tho. Next time I will double the recipe. I used colby jack cheese since I did not have any cheddar.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 t. butter
2/3 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well. Stir in the cheese.

3. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives (or a fork) until coarse crumbs form. Stir in the milk into the flour mixture just until a soft dough forms.

4. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the biscuits are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.

Yield: 10

No comments: