Thursday, October 16, 2008

Golden Chicken Cordon Bleu


I got this recipe off the Taste of Home website. It's from one of the Cooking for 2 magazines. I wanted to make homemade chicken cordon bleu for last night's dinner. I found this recipe and it was delicious. I would definitely make it again. It was a hit! I served it with mashed potatoes, gravy and caesar salad. I doubled the recipe since I had more than 2 breasts. I will never serve frozen chicken cordon bleu out of a box again!


The recipe was not time consuming at all, especially since I started with the filets that were thin to begin with so I didn't have to bang them out. It looks like it was fussed over. Next time will fry a couple at a time since some started to get too brown since I was trying to bread and fry at the same time! Otherwise, perfect meal!


CATEGORY: Main Dish


METHOD: Baked


TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.

Ingredients:

  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
  • 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
  • 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions:

Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.

In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in crumbs.

In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks; drizzle with butter. Yield: 2 servings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!! Looks very good.

Tami said...

I love Chicken Cordon Bleu! I bet that this tasted great!