Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cheesy Muffins

I found this recipe in the most recent Paula Deen Magazine.  The recipe seemed easy and it had cheese in it. Yum!  I made these to go with our Sunday dinner.  My granddaughter Samantha helped me.  They were delicious and the grandkids could not stay out of them!

Sorry the picture isn't very good.  I forgot to take a finished picture so this is a cropped picture.  These are real delicious with honey, too.  I probably should have filled the muffin pans up more.  I made about 2 3/4 dozen.


Cheddar Muffins

2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
3 T sugar
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray 24 miniature muffin cups with non stick baking spray with flour.

2.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and sugar.  Add buttermilk and eggs, stirring just until combined (mixture will be lumpy).  Stir in cheese.

3.  Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes.  Serve warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound great! I bet Samantha was a big help!